At the beginning of the quarter we were asked to begin blogging about design. With the quarter now coming to a close, one of our suggested blog post prompts is to evaluate this method of communication as a vehicle for discussions about design.
Considering our use of the blog for Des Com, I think it provided students with a way to upload a wide range of content quickly. Blogs have the potential to be a valuable resource for students to receive information, ideas, and insight from each other. They create the possibility of a “studio away form studio”, a place for evaluation, discussion and debate. They also establish a platform for students to voice their own opinions in an organized and thoughtful way.
Finally, on a personal note, reviewing the stream of information and posts is helpful for me as I look back over the quarter’s work. Because of the blog I can not only quickly scroll though my design projects and images, but I can also go back and read through what I was thinking and learning about during those weeks. So often the quarters become a blur or projects deadlines and deliverables. Now, using the blog, I have a way to go back and review concepts learned in the classroom, hopefully incorporating them into my daily workflow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment