Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goals

When this quarter began, I listed several personal goals I hoped to meet by December. Now, in the midst of finals week, It’s time to take a look back at these goals and evaluate my progress.

  1. “I would like to improve my sketching, working on creating quick, dynamic sketches that effectively communicate concepts to others.” This quarter I worked on expanding my media choices and spent a lot of time drawing in pen and marker. It took me a while to adjust from Primacolor pencil to pen and marker, but it is definitely an easy way to make stand out. I will continue to explore my media choices on co-op and will look for ways to continue improving my sketching.
  1. “I would like to develop my presentation skills.” I feel that through practice and instruction my presentation skills grew somewhat stronger. I do think that this is an area that I need to continue to focus on. I am not satisfied with my current level public speaking, especially during final critiques, and I will continue to look for opportunities to practice this skills.
  1. “I would like to improve my techniques for creating presentation boards, and portfolios.” Because of the help and teaching of Mike and others, I feel that I have a better understanding of what elements make print communication effective. I now have several new tools and techniques bring into my 2D presentations and portfolio. I would like to continue learning about ways to add visual interest to my work however, and look to improve my portfolio while on co-op.

No comments:

Post a Comment